The golf course at the Parador de Malaga Golf is in a privileged location, in the heart of the Costa del Sol on the sea shore, just 10 minutes from the city of Malaga and the Malaga International Airport. Over the years, this course - the oldest in Andalusia - has been transformed into one that is both demanding for veterans and accessible for novices. The courses beginnings date back to the last century, in the early 1920s, and are tied to the Royal Family in Britain, in particular, to the Princess Beatriz de Battenberg, mother of Queen Victoria Eugenia. Queen Victoria spent part of the year in the Malaga region and promoted construction of the Club. In 1925 and under the technical direction of Harry Sephard Colt (who also designed and built the Wentworth course) construction began on the primitive, 9-hole course. Later, and under the direction and design of renowned British architect Tom Simpson (whose hands have delivered such important and famous courses as Turnberry, Muirfield and Ballybunion) , it was expanded to 18 holes (6173 m, par 72). Malaga-native Miguel angel Jimenez holds the course record with 62 strokes, obtained during the 1999 PGA Turespain Masters, which he went on to win. Vijai Sing won the Turespain Master in 1992 here, on this golf course.